I don’t know if you’ve noticed, but we’re big fans of pies and love sharing lots of pie recipes.
With so many pies out there to choose from, I thought I’d share a few delicious options to help you find some sweet pie joy.
I’ve collected some mouth-watering recipes from across the internet to satisfy your every craving. Your new favourite pie recipe is just a click away!
Want your own homemade pie crust for these recipes?
Our recipe for traditional homemade pie crust only takes about 15 minutes or so of prep time and is the perfect foundation to just about any of your pie dreams!
Sweet & Delicious Pie Recipes for Every Occasion
Pie is one of the best things in the world. I love pie so much, in fact, that I insisted on having pie at my wedding! (And it was wonderful.)
I’ve separated the pies into various categories to help you find what you’re looking for.
My favourites are the fruit pies – apple, lemon meringue, peach, yes please! – so naturally I started there. But I’ve covered the full gambit.
Looking for a traditional (or not so traditional) holiday pie? Check.
Only have limited ingredients? Don’t feel like baking? Check and check.
Chocolate pies? Cream pies? Tropical pies? Gluten-free, vegan, or paleo pies? Yes to all of the above.
Now the only real question is – where to start?
- Tried & True Fruit Pie Recipes
- New Favourite Fruit Pie Recipes
- Pie Recipes with 6 (or Less) Ingredients
- Super Yummy Ooey Gooey Pie Recipes
- Cream Pie Recipes
- Pies Chock Full of Chocolatey Goodness
- Tropical Fun in a Pie
- Pie Recipes Based on Chocolate Bars & Cookies
- Classic Holiday Pies
- Twists on the Classics
- Portable Pies (Hand Pies, Pie Bars, etc.)
- Pies in the Air Fryer
- No-Bake Pie Recipes
- Pies Suitable for People with Dietary Requirements
Tried & True Fruit Pie Recipes
These are my go-to pies. Gooey, sweet fruit filling, flaky crusts, maybe a side of ice cream? That’s perfection in my eyes.
Whether you’re looking for a classic apple pie, or strawberry rhubarb, or blueberry, or just about any fruit you can think of, we’ve got a recipe for you!
All the flavour of a classic apple pie with much less work.
Since the top crust has been replaced with a sweet crumble, this delicious apple pie takes less to make (naturally leaving you with more time to enjoy!).
It’s such a simple dessert and yet you’re not losing anything on taste. You’re going to absolutely love this crumbly top apple pie!
Find your new favourite recipe:
- Cast Iron Blue Ribbon Caramel Apple Pie from This Old Gal
- Easy Classic Key Lime Pie from Flavor the Moments
- Dutch Apple Pie from CincyShopper
- Easy Lemon Meringue Pie from Bless This Mess
- Apple and Blackberry Pie from A Mummy Too
- Strawberry Rhubarb Pie from Flavor the Moments
- Blueberry Pie from Amanda’s Cookin
- Perfect Peach Pie from Barth Bakery
- Spiced Pear Pie from Buttered Side Up
- Cherry Crumble Pie from Greedy Gourmet
- The Best Classic Strawberry Rhubarb Pie from Foodal
- Grandma’s Canned Apple Pie Filling from Saving Talents
New Favourite Fruit Pie Recipes
These recipes have taken my beloved fruit pies and done something new and interesting with them.
For example, Mom took the idea of having apple pie with a slice of cheese and just decided to combine the two in her Maple Cheddar Apple Pie. Amazing!
These bloggers have added cream cheese, flipped pies inside out, and elevated the wonderful flaky pie crust to be the star of the dish. What will they think of next?
Why not put the whipped cream right into the apple pie?
That’s exactly what this pie tastes like – as if it already has whipped cream melted down inside it.
This Apple Cream Pie is not only genius, but an absolutely delicious crowd-pleaser!
What makes this pie even better is it’s super easy to make, too. Definitely a winner all-around.
Some other favourites:
- Apple Cream Cheese Streusel Pie from Foodal
- Puff Pastry Blueberry Pie from Mighty Mrs.
- Dulce de Leche Apple Pie from I Was Born To Cook
- Fresh Raspberry Pie with Graham Cracker Crust from Adventures of a DIY Mom
- Incredibly Easy Inside-Out Apple Pie from DIY Candy
- Classic Peach Cobbler Skillet from Glamper Life
- Crazy Crust Apple Pie from Nibble and Dine
- Cranberry Orange Custard Pie from Barth Bakery
- Bourbon Butterscotch Apple Pie from The Simple Sweet Life
- Stone Fruit Meringue Pie from Twists & Zests
Pie Recipes with 6 (or Less) Ingredients
Not only are these recipes budget-friendly, a lot of them are filled with items you may already have in your pantry. These pies are perfect for when you just want to whip something delicious together!
- Strawberry Pretzel Pie from Creative Cynchronicity
- Concord Grape Pie from Upstate Ramblings
- Ultimate Ice Cream Sundae Pie from Bitz & Giggles
- Easy Hershey’s Chocolate Pie from CincyShopper
- Custard Pie from Spaceships and Laser Beams
- Mini S’mores Pie with Graham Cracker Crust from Glamper Life
- Easy Chocolate Pecan Pie from She Saved
- Strawberry Pie from Really, Are You Serious?
- Easy Banana Cream Pie from CincyShopper
- Grasshopper Pie from That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Rustic Farmhouse Mason Jar Pies from The Farmwife Feeds
Super Yummy Ooey Gooey Pie Recipes
For lack of a better description, these pies are filled with sweet, gooey, sugary filling. Although most of these recipes are considered traditional in many places/cultures, they’re all new to me, and boy was I missing out!
A true Southern classic.
There’s a reason this traditional ooey gooey pie is a favourite for so many people.
Rich and surprisingly easy to make, you’ve just got to try this delicious Louisiana pecan pie recipe!
More ooey gooey recipes to drool over:
- Old Fashioned Chess Pie from Scattered Thoughts of a Crafty Mom
- Shoofly Pie from Spend With Pennies
- Decadent Tollhouse Pie from Joyfully Thriving
- Classic Diner-Style Chocolate Pie from I Was Born To Cook
- Incredible Sugar Pie from Bake Me Some Sugar
- Old Fashioned Buttermilk Pie from Bless This Mess
- Lemon Chess Pie from Greedy Gourmet
- Bourbon Buttermilk Pie from Recipes From A Pantry
- Chocolate Chess Pie from Home Made Interest
Cream Pie Recipes
A different kind of ooey gooey deliciousness, a lot of these cream pies remind me of a nice big scoop of custard or pudding wrapped in a delicious crust.
Side note: I had never ever heard of banoffee pie until I moved to England, and I had the most hilarious lightbulb moment when I finally figured out where it got its name (banana + toffee!). I was so happy I found a UK blogger to share this fantastic recipe.
The perfect bite of summer.
I just had to highlight this delicious Peaces & Cream Pie.
When peaches are in season, they’re so juicy, succulent and sweet. Add in the yummy cream filling and the sweet crumbly topping, and you’ve got the ultimate summer treat!
Other delicious cream pies:
- Homemade Chocolate Cream Pie from Scattered Thoughts of a Crafty Mom
- Triple Chocolate Cream Pie from A Pumpkin and a Princess
- Peanut Butter Banana Cream Pie from Barth Bakery
- Cake Batter Cream Pie from Baking Beauty
- Chocolate Cream Pie from Julie Measures
- Classic Banoffee Pie from A Mummy Too
- Eclair Pie from Adventures of a DIY Mom
- Frozen Peanut Butter Pie from Valerie’s Kitchen
- Baked Caramel Banoffee Tarts from Catherine Zhang
Pies Chock Full of Chocolatey Goodness
Don’t worry, chocolate addicts, I’ve got great recipes for you, too!
Everything you love about pecan pie and more!
This pie, often associated with the Kentucky Derby, takes everything great about pecan pie and elevates it with just the perfect amount of chocolate.
Whether you’re serving this for a holiday or just a Tuesday, this chocolate pecan pie is not going to disappoint!
Craving more chocolate?
- S’mores Pie from Creative Cynchronicity
- Mile High Chocolate Mousse Pie from Bitz & Giggles
- S’mores Fudge Pie from Mom’s Test Kitchen
- Ultimate Triple Layer Chocolate Brownie Mousse Cream Pie from The Baking ChocolaTess
- Chocolate Pecan Pie from The Country Chic Cottage
- Chocolate Mousse Pie from Skip To My Lou
- Striped Delight from Play Party Plan
- Easy Dark Chocolate Blueberry Pie from Foodal
- Impossible Chocolate Pie from Today’s Creative Life
- German Chocolate Pie Bars from Snappy Gourmet
Tropical Fun in a Pie
Coconuts, bananas, pineapples, and limes! Taking a bite of these pies instantly transports you to the tropics.
Sunshine, the beach, and a delicious slice of pie. That’s the life!
The fastest, easiest, and perhaps even cheapest pie of all time!
I could have put this pie is so many different categories.
It’s perfect for summer, as it’s no-bake won’t heat up your kitchen any more than the weather already is.
It’s so cheap and easy because it only has three ingredients!
And it’s soooo creamy and delicious – a true frozen treat!
Other delightful tropical treats:
- Coconut Pie from Simply Stacie
- Old Fashioned Banana Cream Pie from Valerie’s Kitchen
- Pineapple Coconut Cream Pie from Barth Bakery
- Easy Lemon Meringue Pie from Homemade for Elle
- Easy Coconut Pie from Making Time For Memories
- Key Lime Cream Pie from Barth Bakery
- Amazing Coconut Cream Pie from Brooklyn Active Mama
- Authentic Florida Key Lime Pie from Coffee Fit Kitchen
- Lemon Meringue Tart with Pistachio Praline from Catherine Zhang
Pie Recipes Based on Chocolate Bars & Cookies
If you’ve ever wanted to eat your favourite chocolate bar or cookie but in pie form, don’t worry – there’s a recipe for that!
A gingersnap turned into a decadent dessert.
What happens when you combine pumpkin and pecan pie, include a generous helping of molasses, and set everything into a delicious gingersnap-walnut crust?
Joy. Joy happens.
Seriously though, this pie is beyond sweet, beyond rich, and beyond perfection!
So many great options!
- Butterscotch Snickers Pie from Dancing Through the Rain
- No Bake Mini Reese’s Peanut Butter Cup Pies from Glamper Life
- Turtle Pumpkin Pie from Marty’s Musings
- Butterfinger Pie from The Gracious Wife
- Easy Reese’s Peanut Butter Pie from Play Party Plan
- Samoas Pie from Barth Bakery
- Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookie Pie from I Was Born to Cook
- Easy Peasy Mini Reese’s Peanut Butter Pie from Two Kids and a Coupon
- Cannoli Pie from Snappy Gourmet
Classic Holiday Pies
Building your menu for Thanksgiving, Christmas, or another big holiday? There are lots of beloved classics that are sure to please any crowd.
For any of the recipes with canned pumpkin (pure pumpkin, not canned pumpkin pie filling), you might want to consider substituting homemade pumpkin puree instead. It’s super easy and, I think, my flavourful than canned.
Whip up a holiday favourite in no time!
Does anything say “the holidays” more than pumpkin pie?
Impress your guests with this traditional recipe that is shockingly easy to throw together and even easier to polish off!
(Don’t worry – calories don’t count over the holidays, right?)
Which classic is your favourite?
- Libbys Pumpkin Pie from It Is a Keeper
- Sweet Potato Pie from The Farmwife Crafts
- Homemade Pecan Pie from Spend With Pennies
- Peppermint Chocolate Pie from Grandbaby Cakes
- Holiday Eggnog Custard Pie from Upstate Ramblings
- Easy Apple Pie from Latina Mom Meals
- Super Easy Pumpkin Pie from Ottawa Mommy Club
- Old Fashioned Sweet Potato Pie from The Happier Homemaker
- Pecan Slab Pie from Home Made Interest
- Gluten Free Dutch Apple Pie from Gluten Free on a Shoestring
Twists on the Classics
You can also take your holidays to the next level with these new twists on the classic recipes.
Why not try a walnut pie instead of the classic pecan? Or make a pumpkin pie with a chocolate maple bacon crust? (Yes, you read that right!)
Elevated holiday baking – and just a dash of bourbon.
Sweet potato pie is like the elevated cousin of the pumpkin pie, in my humble opinion.
This recipe also adds a little bit of bourbon, just for some extra special flavour.
Most of the work for this pie is done in the food processor, make preparation a snap!
Other delicious options:
- Chocolate Walnut Pie (Gluten Free, Paleo) from Cook Eat Well
- Irish Cream Pumpkin Pie from Snappy Gourmet
- Maple Cranberry Apple Pie from Healthy Seasonal Recipes
- Cinnamon Roll Pumpkin Pie from Savvy Mama Lifestyle
- The Best Chocolate Pecan Pie from Belle of the Kitchen
- Maple Pumpkin Pie with Chocolate Maple Bacon Crust from Dukes and Duchesses
- Sweet Potato Pie with Marshmallow Meringue from Everyday Shortcuts
- Chocolate Coconut Pecan Pie from Really, Are You Serious?
- Mini Personal Pumpkin Pies from My Home and Travels
- Dark Chocolate Salted Caramel Pecan Pie with Oreo Crust from Barth Bakery
Portable Pies (Hand Pies, Pie Bars, etc.)
These pies are great for picnics, packed lunches, or just any time you’d like a little pie to go! (And really, is there ever a bad time for pie to go?)
- Peanut Butter Chocolate Hand Pies from Creative Cynchronicity
- Chocolate Strawberry Hand Pies from Creative Cynchronicity
- Easy Pumpkin Pie Bars with Oat Crust from Flavor the Moments
- Mini Chocolate Pecan Pie from The Country Chic Cottage
- Handheld Pumpkin Pie Bites from Home Cooking Memories
- Air Fryer Apple Hand Pies from Ottawa Mommy Club
- Pumpkin Pie Squares from A Magical Mess
- Hand-held Lemon Pies from Julie Measures
- Mini Pumpkin Pie Bites from DIY Candy
- Mini Pumpkin Pies from To Simply Inspire
Pies in the Air Fryer
Air fryers are the new big kitchen appliance, and for good reason. They’re perfect for making quick and easy pies that are still full of flavour.
Pies are perfect for the air fryer, as the outside gets perfectly crispy and perfectly complements the ooey gooey delicious insides. And they’re so versatile, so practically any pie can be made in an air fryer!
So delicious, even people who don’t normally like blueberry pie will love these!
While we could both eat pie all day every day, blueberry pie wasn’t always a favourite in our household. This recipe changed everything, though!
The fact that they are so incredibly easy to make doesn’t hurt either.
And really, you could swap out the blueberries for just about any other fruit anyway!
More air fryer pie recipes:
- Easy Air Fryer Pumpkin Hand Pies from Mama Cheaps
- The Easiest Pecan Pie Tarts from Fork to Spoon
- Easy Air Fryer Sweet Potato Pie from Recipes From a Pantry
- Easy Air Fryer Apple Hand Pies from Mama Cheaps
- Quick and Easy Air Fryer Pumpkin Hand Pies from How Was Your Day?
No-Bake Pie Recipes
I’ve spent many summer days not wanting to turn on the oven, for fear of making my house even hotter than it already was! These no-bake pie recipes really solve that problem.
- No-Bake Strawberry Jello Pie from Crayons and Cravings
- Grasshopper Pie from Baking Beauty
- No Bake Peanut Butter Pie from Recipes From A Pantry
- No Bake Smores Pie from Baking Beauty
- Frozen Butterfinger Pie with Oreo Crust from Barth Bakery
- No Bake Strawberry Cream Pie from Marty’s Musings
- Easy and Delicious No-Bake Cherry Chocolate Chip Pie from Mommyhood Life
- No-Bake Vegan S’mores Pie (Gluten-Free, Allergy-Free) from Strength & Sunshine
Pies Suitable for People with Dietary Requirements
There really is a pie out there for just about everyone!
Turn almost any sweet pie gluten-free and/or vegan!
All of the pie recipes below work for various specific dietary restrictions, but maybe they’re not the exact recipe you’re looking for.
Instead of waiting for someone to make an appropriate pie recipe to suit your needs, perhaps you can just switch the pie crust to this delicious beauty!
Delicious pie recipes for everyone:
- Gluten-Free Crustless Apple Pie (Vegan, Allergy-Free) from Strength & Sunshine
- Apple Pie (Eggless, Vegan) from Dassana’s Veg Recipes
- Crustless Pecan Pie Without Corn Syrup (Gluten-Free, Vegan, Paleo) from Strength & Sunshine
- The Best Gluten-Free Vegan Pumpkin Pie (Allergy-Free) from Strength & Sunshine
- Gluten-free Chocolate Cream Pie from My Gluten-Free Kitchen
- Gluten Free Pecan Pie from Fearless Dining
- Gluten-free Eggnog Pie from My Gluten-Free Kitchen
- Gluten Free Banana Cream Pie from Fearless Dining
- Gluten-free Dutch Apple Pie with Snickerdoodle Streusel from My Gluten-Free Kitchen
- Easy Vegan Apple Pie from Little Sunny Kitchen
- Vegan Chocolate Coconut Cream Pie from Eating Richly
- Old Fashioned Vegan Custard Pie from Connoisseurus Veg